Welcome to Bordetella.org: The home of the International Bordetella Society
This website aims to:
- Provide information about the International Bordetella Society
- Network Bordetella researchers to move our field forward
- Organize meetings and conferences occurring in both the US and abroad
- Share tools and resources with the community
The 12th International Symposium was held in April 2019 in Brussels https://bordetella.ulb.be/
If you attended the 12th Symposium you can access the PDFs of presentations at this link (click here).
During the symposium a Board of Directors was voted in to facilitate formation of the Society. The Board elected Tod Merkel to serve as the first Chair. At this time the bylaws are being composed and the measures to seek non-profit status are underway.
The Board of Directors of the International Bordetella Society
- F. Heath Damron
- Kathy Edwards
- Eric Harvill
- Erik Hewlett
- Tod Merkel
- Kingston Mills
- Peter Sebo
13th International Bordetella Symposium: Vancouver 2021
Save the Date: The 13th International Bordetella Symposium will be held at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, June 20-24, 2021.
Proposals for Hosting of the 14th International Bordetella Symposium
The International Bordetella Society is soliciting proposals to host the 2023 International Bordetella Symposium. Proposals for meetings outside of North America will be given preference. The proposal should be no longer than 2000 words and should include:
- Information about the lead organizer(s)
- A description of the venue to include the meeting hall, poster space and onsite lunch and reception space. Pictures of the meeting venues may be attached or links to venue websites may be included.
- A description of lodging options and projected cost.
- Dining arrangements
- Travel logistics
- A description of the proposed host city and/or region including cultural, historical and natural attractions and opportunities for meeting-related activities unique to the venue (optional).
Proposals should be emailed to Tod Merkel at (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 31st, 2020.